Ink Jet Printer for larger envelopes (9x12)

Permacharts

I have a specific application that requires ink jet printing of 9x12 envelopes (European C4). My quantities are not very large but I could be printing 1-2K at time 2-3 times a month, typically full coverage. I am looking for either a higher end personal printer or a light duty commercial. The print quality needs to be good quality full color but nothing exceptional or breathtaking. Lowest possible cost per copy is very important. I would appreciate any feedback. We currently run a Ricoh 7200 for our publishing company but this does not do what we want. Thanking everyone in advance.

What is lacking from your Ricoh 7200's output?

An iJetcolor envelope printer would get you a low cost per print, but would run 80k-100k and might meet your needs for print quality and speed, though it is overkill for your volume. The Ricoh 7200 is your least capital intensive solution since you have it already.

Last edited:
I’d also be curious about the issue with just using the Ricoh. I do short run envelopes on ours all the time, it runs fine and looks good.

Guessing the OP means to say Full Bleed?

The 7200 should do just fine with 9x12's, you might need to change between catalog and booklet but as long as you are not looking for full bleed it should be doing just fine.

Full bleed you will need an envelope inkjet like the one previously mentioned.

You can get a dedicated env printer that can do full bleed 8x12 for around ~20k, maybe less if you buy used or from a no-name brand. We got a ColorMax8 a while back, and our small-volume shop has been quite happy with it. From what I've learned, the ColorMax and several other machines are all rebranded AstroMachine S1 printers. They use memjet technology and are fairly robust and reliable.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back